Another year older, another year wiser. As I’m getting older, age became just a number but as another year of growth and learning. I remember growing up thinking about how I will be and how am going to celebrate my sweet sixteen, 19th birthday and now 21. I’d said I had a pretty relaxed 21st Birthday and it’s by far my favourite. Yes, as I am getting old, I don’t like to go out as much as I used to. My favourite pleasure became being able to sleep in and watching Netflix. As well as keeping myself 110% occupied with work. Good companies, good food and good vibes only; this is the three things I live for.
I’m so glad to have the opportunity to have a 24 hours Staycation at The Adelaide Hotel. It was a little quick sweet escape. The Adelaide hotel is a five stars hotel located in the heart of Downtown Toronto at 325 Bay Street. It also becoming Canada’s first St. Regis Hotel. As a blogger, I had many opportunities to stay at numerous different hotels in North America. I think I have received one of the best services at The Adelaide Hotel. The washroom is designed with a large marble bath tub and built in mirror television, like how awesome is that?!? Not only the hotel room itself was flawless and impressive, they have topped up my experience with the kindest staff members. The staffs were really kind with numerous deliveries to my hotel room. The infinity pool on the up floor was phenomenal, with an amazing view of the city. It was a long night for me and my friends, the hotel was able to extend the hours for us.
PRIVATE DINNING AT STK TORONTO
I planned ahead in advance for a private dinning experience at STK Toronto. One of the reason leading me to selecting STK as a private dinning spot for my birthday is that they have the prettiest interior design. I was looking forward to a prettier version of private dinning room space. To be completely honest with you, I was disappointed with how small and plain the “Candy Bar” space was. I was expecting a room that allows some walking space, however the moment you sat down there are barely any room to move around. The room literally fit a big table and chairs, nothing more. Not only the room was a disappointment, the service itself did not justify the price you are paying for private dinning. The head server and another female server was providing a great dinning experience. But the other servers were rude and barely paying attention to our asking. As for food, it was your classic steak house food, nothing impressive and I’d consider average 7 out of 10 rating. Sad to say, but I will definitely not be returning to STK Toronto for another private dinning experience.
A Note to Younger Self
Aside from a little staycation and private dinning experiences, here’s the 6 things I would tell my younger self:
- Take care and love yourself: You have been your own top priority sometimes, your own well being is important. Remember practicing self-care is not selfish, but necessary to lead to a fulfilled and productive life.
- Surround yourself with people who love you and support your growth: Often we go down the wrong path because we are surrounded with the wrong people and crowd. Stop making excuses for toxic and negative people in your life. Find yourself with people who can contribute to your growth as a person and share similar values.
- Learning how to say NO: Growing up I was always a Yes woman, afraid of saying no to people. Despite how busy I am, whenever someone needed help, I would always say yes and help out. Allowing people stepping all over me, I care way more about other people and what they think of me.
- Your life does not have to be a party for it to be exciting: After going through the whole phrase of constantly going out and partying in the last two years. I have officially retired and do not miss any of those moment. I learned that life can still be a lot more exciting without all the parties. I found myself feeling far more excited for work projects and accomplishing my goals than partying.
- You don’t have to be doing what everyone else is doing: Stop focusing on what everyone else is doing in their life. Timing is different for everyone. Everyone have their own different goals and interests; you may not be successful yet but does not mean your time won’t come. I remember when I saw everyone around me was studying in Sciences, I thought if everyone is doing that then I should as well. Soon after I realized it was not for me, although everyone else was doing it. Follow your heart and do what you love!
- Gratitude is life changing: Often we all take things for granted, sometimes take a step back and realized how fortunate we are. I think being healthy and alive everyday is the biggest blessing. Learning how to appreciate every small thing in life. Appreciate everything and expect nothing!